A substance shrouded in myth and fallacy, here’s a robust guide to help you understand the truth about E-Liquid in ten minutes.
Vaping came to replace traditional means and methods of smoking cigarettes and this change plateaued around the middle of the last decade. With this change, an entire new market for vaping pens, E-cigarettes and E-liquids was born. Vaping, in recent times however, has come under scrutiny from governments, activist groups, and the media alike- with rumours and falsehoods that are plain untrue being propagated on a scale that has never before been seen.
In this article, we are going to understand what E-liquid is, how it is integral to vaping, and how vaping has intrinsic benefits over the more traditional means and methods of smoking.
E liquids are an essential component to the vaping experience and are made mostly of four ingredients: Glycol, Glycerine, Nicotine, and flavouring. The kind of flavouring varies according to the flavour profile being created. E-liquids usually come in glass vials and can be poured into the refillable canister or compartment in the E-cig – although many companies offer in-house replacements whose vials can slot in to the vape pen.
With regards to advantages, here are a few that E-Liquids offer:
- No odour: E-liquids and vape pens do not leave the lingering odours that are left on the fingertips, mouth, clothes, and pretty much everything else like conventional cigarettes. Its very formulation means that the vapour does not carry these odours, instead leaving the user free and as though they never smoked to begin with.
- Less addictive: E-liquids are much less addictive than traditional cigarettes. Experts say that they are exponentially easier to quit and harder to get addicted to than cigarettes.
- Easy on the lungs: Compared to traditional cigarettes and other forms of tobacco smoking, E-liquids are far more lenient on your respiratory system and overall health. The nicotine does not negatively harm the blood vessels in the mouth, lungs and trachea and even leaves the body quicker than the nicotine in cigarettes. This means that long term, E-liquids are a much healthier alternative to conventional means of tobacco consumption.
- Cheaper: Hard to believe I’m sure, but bear with me. In many European countries, a 20 pack of cigarettes cost about $10. An experienced smoker can go through the entire pack in a day. For the same amount, the individual can purchase a 30ml vial that can last for weeks.
- Comes in a multitude of flavours: As much as makers try to infuse many flavours into conventional cigarettes, they all still end up tasting like….. you guessed it…. Cigarettes. E-liquids on the other hand, come in a multitude of flavours from orange to cranberry to banana, to mint and thousands more. This ensures that the experience is never boring and can be customized to fit whatever whims the user has in mind. Also, the flavours make it so that manufacturers can experiment with reducing the actual tobacco content, making for a much smoother experience.
Do not let popular media fool you. E-liquids are a very beneficial invention that have served their purpose beautifully. There is no reason to hesitate to switch from conventional smoking methods. Do your research and order up your E-liquid as soon as you can.