Female pattern baldness: Causes & Homeopathy Treatment
“Wow, I just love your hair!” When was the last time you were given this compliment? Has it been months or years? Well, hairfall in women is normal, especially as you age. Female pattern hair loss is a progressive condition. Without treatment, some eventually develop widespread thinning. Hair loss in women should not be ignored for a long duration.
Causes of female pattern baldness
- Heredity: Hair loss is passed down from parents to their children and many different genes are involved. You can inherit these genes from either parent. You’re more likely to have female pattern baldness if your mother, father or other close relatives have experienced pattern hair loss.
- Androgen: Androgen is a hormone which plays a role in pattern baldness. Tumours in the pituitary gland or ovary, that secrete androgen, might also lead to hair loss. You might also suffer from acne, irregular menses and excessive facial and body hair. These symptoms are characteristic of polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS).
- Thyroid disorder: Hypothyroidism or hyperthyroidism can also cause thinning hair in women.
- Stress: Stress is also another common cause of female pattern hair loss. Stress leads to hormonal changes in women which further causes hair loss.
Homeopathic treatment for female pattern baldness
Homeopathic treatment is aimed at slowing down the progress of hair loss and facilitating growth of hair. Homeopathy treats the physical complaints and also restores the equilibrium of the body. Homeopathic medicines come without any side-effects.
The duration of homeopathic treatment for female pattern baldness, of course, depends on the stage of hair loss and other factors, such as health of hair or scalp – this may take 2-3 months or more, to respond to the treatment.
Here’s a testimonial from Aditi after homeopathy treatment:
“Three months of my treatment has helped me a lot. My hair fall has reduced from 200 to approximately 55 strands per day which, in turn, prevented female pattern baldness. Thank you so much.”
It’s normal if you lose 50 to 100 hairs each day. But if you notice that you’re losing hair more than usual, see your homeopathic doctor. He/she will be able to determine the root cause of female pattern baldness. The sooner you get treated, the faster you’ll be able to stop the pattern hair loss and possibly even regrow hair.
Consider the following tips to prevent breakage and damage:
- Limit heat treatments that can lead to hair damage such as curling and straightening.
- Have a healthy diet rich in protein, essential vitamins and iron.
- Avoid brushing the hair when it’s wet and fragile. In its place, use a comb or the fingers.