“Invest in your skin. It is going to represent you for a very long time.”- Linden Tyler.
Your skin is the outer reflection of your soul. So, you must invest and take the proper steps to ensure that your skin is completely flawless.
In today’s world taking care of our skin means protecting it from harmful chemicals and pollutants, which is actually tough to do. The safest thing one can do to protect their skin without damaging it is by consulting the dermatologist who is an expert in his/her profession and can guide you with the best skincare treatments depending on your skin type.
Did you know that constant exposure to PM2.5 can cause our skin to age and wrinkle at a rapid rate?
So, how to protect your skin round the clock?
The simplest way to have glowing and healthy skin is by following a skincare routine. Pick a routine that would ensure that whenever you step out, you protect your melanin cells from all harm. If you are looking for a holistic skincare routine well look no more! We have prepared a 5-step skincare routine for you that would protect your skin from all harm.
Step One: Identify Your Skin Type
Before you commence your skincare routine, it is of paramount importance to identify your skin type first. To help you identify your skin type, here are a few examples:
- Oily Skin– If the area around your nose and forehead seems to be too shiny and greasy, then you may have oily skin.
- Dry Skin– If you constantly feel itchy and tight, then chances are you might have dry skin.
- Combination Skin– If your skin is oily in some parts and dry in others, you may have combination skin.
Step Two: Cleansing, Toning, and Moisturizing
Cleansing, toning, and moisturizing are the most important steps for maintaining healthy skin. They would help in removing all the oil and dirt from your skin, hydrating it, and finally protecting it. Let us explain to you in detail:
- Cleansing: This must be done before you go out of your home in the morning and before you go to bed at night. Cleansing helps in the removal of all sweat, dirt, and pollutants from your skin hence, making it healthier.
- Toning: This supplements the cleansing process. As the cleanser may not have been able to reach into the deep pores, the toner helps to clear out the final bit of dirt and sweat.
- Moisturizing: This would help to hydrate your skin and make it look fresh. It makes your skin look smoother and more radiant.
Step Three: Wear Sunscreen
You must be aware that due to the depleting ozone layer, harmful UV rays from the sun can damage your skin cells. To prevent such damage, it is important to wear sunscreen. Apart from this, wearing sunscreen can also help your skin tone look more consistent. Hence, it has both skin-protecting and cosmetic values, making it an essential step of your skincare routine.
Step Four: Consistency is Key
While reading articles would only make you understand the skincare routine, the key is to implement these steps. Not only that, you must also ensure that you follow all the steps in your skin care routine consistently. As it only takes a few minutes, executing such steps shouldn’t be much of an issue. Doing it consistently would give you results within a few weeks!
Step Five: Treat Yourself
The most important step of all is not forgetting to treat yourself. While all the above-mentioned steps would ensure that your skin is healthy, they wouldn’t guarantee its nourishment. So, make sure you pamper your skin whenever you get the opportunity to do so. Give yourself an at-home facial or apply herbal products which makes you feel good.
Self-care is important!
To know more about how you can improve your skin, you should visit a skin specialist in your city.