You’ve got options when it comes to hair removal. You can shave it in a matter of minutes but hair tends to re-grow quickly and many don’t like the smell of depilatory creams which are time consuming too. Waxing and electrolysis have long lasting results but are fairly painful. All these account for the popularity of laser treatment.
This hair removal option uses high-concentrated laser beam to damage hair follicles thereby minimizing hair growth. If you are considering laser hair removal, start by looking for the best clinics in your city. Fountain Wellness is one of the popular clinics at Delta, BC offering laser treatments at competitive prices. They have a solid track record of quality treatment.
What is to be expected in a laser treatment?
Initial precautions: Follow these to ensure your skin is undamaged and healthy prior to treatment.
- Stay away from plucking, waxing or bleaching six weeks before the treatment as it reduces the effectiveness of laser treatment.
- Avoid wearing sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher a week before the procedure.
- Avoid getting sunburned.
- Avoid using heavily perfumed lotions and skins prior to treatment.
- Shave the area the night before the procedure to avoid thermal injuries.
The treatment is likely to demand up to 6 sessions and would be repeated once in 4 to 16 weeks depending upon the area of hair removal. During the time of procedure, the patient wears protective eyewear to prevent laser beam from harming the retina specialist. If you are worried about pain you can ask the team for local anesthesia.
- Use the after-care gel provided.
- Keep the treated area moist by applying aloe vera ointment often.
- Take paracetamol if you are feeling any discomfort
- Avoid aspirin or ibuprofen as they may react to laser light
The results of the treatment tend to vary for each individual. Talk about your concerns to your medical practitioner.