Skin tanning is one of the permanent damages that happen to our skin. When we choose to just ignore it, it tends to become permanent and that is how our complexion trunks dark. But have you ever wondered if you treat your tan on time, you would not have to worry about fading complexion? How to remove tan is one of the trending questions, especially in India where summer lasts longer than any other weather.
While you can not get rid of the sun rays, having thoughtful precautions can save you from the harshness of suntan.
How to Remove Tan?
When you know the reason for skin tan, getting rid of it should become easier. But sadly, this is not the case. You will need a strict schedule and skincare routine to remove sun tan. Also, going through various commercial products that promise good results should be trusted. As long as there are natural ingredients that offer you great remedies on how to remove tan, you will need not worry. The only thing is to remain consistent.
So, what are these ingredients? Let’s have a quick look:
- Lemon Juice: Considered as a natural bleaching agent, it can remove tan in no time.
- Raw Turmeric: Turmeric is not only good for skin tan but is also one of the most trusted ingredients to maintain skin health.
- Potato Juice: Potato juice is widely used to lighten skin and boost complexion.
- Sandalwood Powder: Sandalwood powder is a natural skin-friendly ingredient that helps to improve skin conditions.
- Saffron: Known for its various skin benefits, it is an expensive and relied product that can be used to enhance the complexion.
- Dried Orange-peel Powder: Dried orange peel powder is one of the cheapest ingredients that one can use to get rid of tanning.
- Oatmeal: Oatmeal comes with a lot of skin-benefiting nutrients and is often used as a face scrub as well.
- Multani Mitti: Multani mitti can be considered a traditional soap since people used it during baths. It helps to clear skin, remove dirt and lighten the complexion.
6 Most Considered Tips to Avoid Skin Tanning
Suntan mainly occurs when you step out on a sunny day without wearing any skin shield. This is the primary thing, which must be avoided at any cost. So, let’s see how to remove tan:
Wearing a Sunscreen
Wearing sunscreen is the first thing any dermatologist will recommend to you. Also, choose the sunscreen according to your skin type.
We often ignore this but this practice is bliss! Carry an umbrella and remain in the protected shade all the time.
Avoid Stepping Out in the Peak Hours
This might sound basic if you ask anyone how to remove tan. But on a serious note, if it is not really urgent, avoid stepping out during the daytime.
An excellent alternative to carrying an umbrella, you should take a lengthy scarf with you all the time.
Application of sunscreen should be done with instructions. Normally, sunscreen acts effectively for about 2-hours. So, reapply it if you remain outdoors longer than that.
Don’t Ignore SPF
When you decide to purchase sunscreen, you should always check the SPF. Besides your skin type, this is another measure that will help you pick the right product.
So, these are the things you should consider to avoid skin tanning. Also, ensure you use the products that will help you get rid of the tan you might have already experienced. In this case, remember that tan will not leave the skin instantly. It will demand time and persistent skincare.